Made with only a few ingredients most will already have in their pantry or refrigerator. The only ingredient you may have to run to the store for is wonton wrappers and blue cheese crumbles.
For these, I baked the chicken ahead of time and then shredded it with two forks. Another tip for these cheesy buffalo chicken cups is to use either a miniature muffin pan or a regular one.
If you decide on the regular one, which I used, you will need to use two wonton wrappers instead of one. Other than that, easy peasy, friends.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 ½ hot sauce I recommend Frank's Red Hot
- ½ mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 30 wonton wrappers
- scallions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken into a baking dish, add olive oil and salt and pepper to the chicken. Bake for 18 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Allow the chicken breasts to completely cool, and then shred using two forks.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce. Add the sauce to the shredded chicken and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one wonton wrapper into the muffin pan, then place another wonton wrapper the other direction on top and gently push down. Repeat until the muffin pan is full.
- Add two tablespoons of shredded chicken into the wonton wrappers. Repeat until each wonton wrapper is complete.
- Add mozzarella cheese and blue cheese crumbles on top of each. Bake for 10 minutes or until the wonton wrappers are lightly browned.
- Garnish with scallions.