Grilled chicken salads are my go-to for weeknight dinners. They are SO easy, incredibly delicious, and healthy when I load up on fresh veggies or fruit, plus a few of my favorites like chopped nuts and crumbled cheeses. This berry and avocado version is one of my favorites, even my husband requests it regularly! We never get sick of this salad no matter what time of year it is or how recently we’ve had it on the menu, it never disappoints. All you need is 30 minutes (maybe even less!) to have this deliciousness on your dinner table!
BERRY AVOCADO GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Health Overdosed on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Berry Avocado Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2-3 chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh berries any combination of your favorites
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Cook chicken on preheated and greased grill or grill pan for 5-8 minutes one each side until cooked through. Thinly slice or chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss together lettuce, avocado slices, berries, nuts, and cheese. Top salad with chicken and serve with poppyseed dressing.