I can’t believe I am saying this already, but fall is here, my friends. Summer went by a blur, but we had so much fun, and I’m sure you did too. With the chillier weather, we are having, like today – so rainy and cold, it’s the perfect time to dust off your slow cooker for the best crock pot recipes, especially this slow cooker chicken tortellini soup! It’s an Italian-inspired soup that’s at the top of my “yum” list along with creamy chicken florentine.
CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Health Overdosed on Pinterest
In my house, we are huge soup fans because they are so versatile, warming, and comforting, and are relatively inexpensive to feed any size family. This easy chicken tortellini soup is a go-to recipe we love and cannot get enough of. It’s easy, loaded with shredded chicken, carrots, celery, spices, seasonings, and three-cheese tortellini. It almost reminds me of a chicken noodle soup mom always made for you when you were sick, but this one is even better. It’s all because of the three-cheese tortellini.
For the chicken, you can use boneless chicken breasts or even rotisserie chicken. To keep this soup even easier I used rotisserie chicken, but I will also include the directions on how to use chicken breasts in the recipe. It’s still incredibly easy but it does require a little more time. For the tortellini, my store usually carries tortellini in the deli section, but I couldn’t find it, so I used frozen tortellini. Either will work, and the directions will be the same.
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 3 medium carrots peeled and finely diced
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken note 1
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces three-cheese tortellini note 2
- fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Place the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, chicken, chicken stock, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary into a 6-quart slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the three-cheese tortellini into the soup and mix. Cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.