Note: Roasting the tomatoes will give a sweet and intense flavor to the entire dish.
Chicken with Roasted Tomato Salad
An delicious roasted chicken in a same dish with a tomato salad.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbps olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tbps kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 4-ounce chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed about 4 cups
- 2 tbps lime juice fresh
Heat oven to 450° F.
Cut the tomatoes in half.
In a roasting pan or baking sheet with sides, place the tomatoes skin side down and the onions and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, shaking the pan after the first ten minutes to prevent sticking.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
In a large bowl, toss the warm tomato mixture with the spinach and lime juice. Serve with the chicken.